One or two years, 3 hours per day
Classroom and lab activities include instruction in the basics of automotive operation, service, and maintenance. The course is based on unit information starting at the lowest skill level and building to employment level.
Ivy Tech (1st year, 6 credits)
• AUTI 100 Intro to Transportation • AUTI 141 Engine Fundamentals & Repair
Ivy Tech (2nd year, 6 credits)
• AUTI 121 Brake Systems • AUTI 122 Steering & Suspension Systems
For 2021-2022 (tentative):
Ivy Tech (1st year, up to 9 credits)
• AUTI 100 Intro to Transportation • AUTI 121 Brake Systems • AUTI 122 Steering & Suspension Systems
Ivy Tech (2nd year)
*Courses are subject to change. See instructor for most updated list.
Certifications Available: (Learn more about Certifications)
*ASE - Automobile and Light Truck Technician: A1-A8, G1
*Engine Repair (A1)
*Automatic Transmission/Transaxle (A2)
*Manual Drive Train and Axles (A3)
*Suspension and Steering (A4)
*Electrical/Electronic Systems (A6)
*Heating and Air Conditioning (A7)
*Engine Performance (A8)
*Auto Maintenance and Light Repair (GI)
• Shipping Hazardous Materials • Mechanical Pollution Prevention & Mechanical Safety
• Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Student Certifications • S/P2 SoftSkills Certification
*indicates 19-20 IN Promoted Industry Certification
• Auto Garages • Dealerships • Quick Lube Shops • Brake and Muffler Shops • Tire Shops
Join our Student Organization - SkillsUSA!
Learn leadership skills, compete in events, earn scholarships, and much more!
$$$ Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/
Check out the IN CTE Career Guide and see the in-demand occupations in Indiana!
Related Courses at JEL:
Automotive Service Technology
Hall of fame
I moved to Indianapolis shortly after serving in the Navy. I enjoy baseball, Harley Davidsons, and country living. I have 30+ years experience and am a A.S.E. Master Automotive Technician.