One or two years, 3 hours per day
Cyber Security, Networking, and Coding! In this IT Pathway course, you will explore the world of Information Technology during your first year, then dive deeper into a specific field of your choice during your second year. Utilize CISCO software and participate in hands-on activities. Immerse yourself into projects related to authentic challenges and solutions found in current IT careers. Jumpstart your college and career goals by earning dual credits and certifications.
Ivy Tech (1st year, 6 credits, 2nd year, 6 credits)
IT Pathways I
• INFM 109 Informatics Fundamentals* (3 cr) • SDEV 120 Computing Logic* (3 cr)
IT Pathways II: Coding
• ITSP 175 IT Customer Support and Helpdesk Software* (3 cr) • DBMS 110 Database Design & Mgmt* (3cr)
IT Pathways II: Networking & Cyber Security
• ITSP 175 IT Customer Support and Helpdesk Software* (3 cr) • NETI 119 Routing and Switching* (3cr)
*Must meet Ivy Tech program-ready requirements
Courses are subject to change. Contact Instructor for most updated list.
*CompTIA ITF+ NEW! for 2021-2022
*indicates 19-20 IN Promoted Industry Certification
Courses & Certifications are subject to change. See instructor for most updated list.
College & Career Opportunities:
• Computer Networking • Cyber Security • Web Development • Coding • Computer Programmers • Web Developers
• Computer Hardware Engineers • Cyber Security Consultant
Join our Career-Technical Student Organization!
Learn leadership skills, compete in events, earn scholarships, and much more!
$$$ Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/
Related Courses at JEL:
I earned my BS in Computer Science from Saint Augustine's University, and MS from Winthrop University. I am committed to teaching and excellence, and do believe students learn better when the environment is positive, fun, and productive. In my role, as IT Pathways Instructor with JEL, I teach dual credit and certification courses. Apart from teaching, I enjoy traveling, sightseeing, and crafting.