One or two years, 3 hours per day
Cyber Security, Networking, and Coding! In this IT Pathway course, you will explore the world of Information Technology during your first year, then dive deeper into a specific field of your choice during your second year. Utilize CISCO software and participate in hands-on activities. Immerse yourself into projects related to authentic challenges and solutions found in current IT careers. Jumpstart your college and career goals by earning dual credits and certifications.
Dual Credit Offered: (Learn more about Dual Credit)
Ivy Tech (1st year, 6 credits, 2nd year, 6 credits)
IT Pathways I
• INFM 109 Informatics Fundamentals* (3 cr) • SDEV 120 Computing Logic* (3 cr)
IT Pathways II: Coding
• ITSP 175 IT Customer Support and Helpdesk Software* (3 cr) • DBMS 110 Database Design & Mgmt* (3cr)
IT Pathways II: Networking & Cyber Security
• ITSP 175 IT Customer Support and Helpdesk Software* (3 cr) • NETI 119 Routing and Switching* (3cr)
*Must meet Ivy Tech program-ready requirements
Courses are subject to change. Contact Instructor for most updated list.
*CompTIA ITF+ NEW! for 2021-2022
*indicates 19-20 IN Promoted Industry Certification
Courses & Certifications are subject to change. See instructor for most updated list.
College & Career Opportunities:
• Computer Networking • Cyber Security • Web Development • Coding • Computer Programmers • Web Developers
• Computer Hardware Engineers • Cyber Security Consultant
Join our Career-Technical Student Organization!
Learn leadership skills, compete in events, earn scholarships, and much more!
$$$ Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/
Related Courses at JEL:
I earned my BS in Computer Science from Saint Augustine's University, and MS from Winthrop University. I am committed to teaching and excellence, and do believe students learn better when the environment is positive, fun, and productive. In my role, as IT Pathways Instructor with JEL, I teach dual credit and certification courses. Apart from teaching, I enjoy traveling, sightseeing, and crafting.