One or two years, 3 hours per day
*Located at JELCC
Cyber Security, Networking, and Coding! In this IT Pathway course, you will explore the world of Information Technology then, choose a focus point: Cyber Security, Networking, or Coding. Utilize CISCO software and participate in hands-on activities. Immerse yourself into projects related to authentic challenges and solutions found in current IT careers. Jumpstart your college and career goals by earning dual credits and certifications.
Dual Credit Offered: (Learn more about Dual Credit)
Ivy Tech (1st year, 9 credits, 2nd year, 6 credits**)
• INFM 109 Informatics Fundamentals* (3 cr) • SDEV 120 Computing Logic* (3 cr) • SDEV 140 Introduction to Software Development* (3 cr)
Coding II NEW! for 2020-2021
• ITSP 175 IT Customer Support and Helpdesk Software* (3 cr) • DBMS 110 Database Design & Mgmt* (3cr)
Networking I & Cyber Security I
• INFM 109 Informatics Fundamentals* (3 cr) • SDEV 120 Computing Logic* (3 cr) • NETI 105 Network Fundamentals* (3 cr)
Networking II NEW! for 2020-2021
• ITSP 175 IT Customer Support and Helpdesk Software* (3 cr) • NETI 115 Routing and Switching* (3cr)
*Must meet Ivy Tech program-ready requirements
**Varies by program
Courses are subject to change. Contact Instructor for most updated list.
Certifications Available: (Learn more about Certifications)
*CompTIA A+ NEW! for 2020-2021
*indicates 19-20 IN Promoted Industry Certification
Courses & Certifications are subject to change. See instructor for most updated list.
College & Career Opportunities:
• Computer Networking • Cyber Security • Web Development • Coding • Computer Programmers • Web Developers
• Computer Hardware Engineers • Cyber Security Consultant
Join our Career-Technical Student Organization!
Learn leadership skills, compete in events, earn scholarships, and much more!
$$$ Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/
Related Courses at JEL:
I earned my BS in Computer Science from Saint Augustine's University, and MS from Winthrop University. I am committed to teaching and excellence, and do believe students learn better when the environment is positive, fun, and productive. In my role, as IT Pathways Instructor with JEL, I teach dual credit and certification courses. Apart from teaching, I enjoy traveling, sightseeing, and crafting.